Code of Conduct for Students
All the students of the Sagar Group must strictly adhere to the Rules and Regulations and Code of Conduct enforced by the College from time to time. In general, the students should conduct themselves with dignity and decorum and observe the following rules:
- The students should carry Identity Card while in the campus at all times and should produce the same for verification when asked for, by the college authorities.
- All the students should assemble at “Creations” at 9:15 am sharp for prayer and maintain the decorum of the college.
- The students should not loiter in the corridors or wander in the campus unnecessarily during academic hours.
- The students should maintain personal cleanliness within the campus; and also keep the campus environment clean.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside the classes and labs. In the event of violation of this rule, the phone will be confiscated.
- The students should approach their Mentors (TGs) for any need or grievances. All applications to the Principal or Office should be routed through the Mentor.
- The students are prohibited from physically harming, threatening or abusing anyone in the campus.
- The students should not trespass into unauthorized zones.
- The students should not damage or disfigure in any way the property belonging to the Institute. All the students should safeguard the equipments and property of the Institute. Continued offences of this sort may result in suspension of the concerned students.
- Possession and use of weapons by the students are totally prohibited, and would invite actions within the provisions of the laws of the land.
- The students are expected to obey their teachers and be respectful towards them at all times. Misbehaviour towards teachers will be considered an act of indiscipline and will be severely dealt with.
- Failure to comply with the code of conduct would invite disciplinary action.
- All the students should maintain discipline and decorum within the campus. They must be regular and punctual for their lecture classes and laboratories. Repeated absence without prior information renders the students liable for suspension and eventually dismissal.
- 75% attendance is mandatory for the students as per RGPV rules.
- Immorality, insubordination and inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Students should turn up in proper attire. Students who do not conform to the proper dress code will be marked absent and sent home with a warning.
- For leave on medical grounds, a written application (signed by the parent/guardian) with doctor’s prescription should be submitted. In case of illness during institute hours, students should inform their Mentors (TGs) as early as possible. First aid will be provided by the institute immediately. If required, they will be referred to the institute doctor.
- Students should submit all the assignments well in time and appear for class tests and mid-sem exams regularly without fail. Otherwise, their internal marks will be adversely impacted.
- Medium of instruction in the Institute is English. Students should endeavour to speak only in English in the institute premises.
- Students are not allowed to commute by their private two- wheelers inside the campus. They are advised to have proper license and wear helmets while riding outside the Campus.
- The Institute authorities will not be responsible for the loss of money, books, records, mobile phones, jewellery, or any other article belonging to the students. It is entirely the responsibility of the students to take care of their possessions.
- Guests are not allowed in the institute during the working hours. In case of emergency, students should take special permission from the Principal during college hours and from the Warden after the college hours.
- Illegal possession, use and distribution of drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, etc. also constitute offences and are liable for severe punishment. Smoking and consumption of alcohol are strictly prohibited anywhere within the Campus. Disciplinary action will be taken against students violating these norms.
- Parents/guardians are requested to notify in writing any change in their address or telephone numbers to the institute.
- Parents are requested to take interest and monitor their ward’s academic performance, movement and habits. They are encouraged to approach the authorities to submit their suggestions and remarks.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against students who do not conform to the rules and regulations of the institute and indulge in misdemeanour of any kind. All disciplinary actions recommended by the Disciplinary Committee are final and binding on the erring student.
Besides following the laid procedure of admissions, we at 'SISTec' try to come up with innovative and fruitful ways to provide assistance in counseling such as delivering presentations on career guidance, providing helpline numbers to acquaint the candidates with all the information regarding college, admission details, counseling procedures etc. to all the candidates.
In addition to the semester exams conducted by RGPV, our institute conducts our own exams such as Mid Semester Exams I and II and Pre University Test, prior to the University exams. The marks obtained in these exams as well as periodic assignments will count for the sessional marks. The students are expected to take them seriously.
Student are required to attend at least 75% of lectures of each subject and practical separately. However con-donation of 15% absence can be considered as per the ordinance of the university.
- Leave, other than vacation will not be encouraged. Parents and guardians are requested not to promote their wards to take leave from the college.
- Admission rules and procedures are subjected to alteration / modification at any time without notice to the candidates.
- Students, remaining absent from the classes for longer duration is liable to be removed from the college rolls.
As far as possible there will be a semester break of 10 to 15 days after the end of odd semester examinations. Summer Vacation of 20-30 days at the end of even semester examination will be given depending upon University notification.
Any student found guilty of ragging in or outside the campus will be liable to severe disciplinary action. The act of ragging is punishable offense under Govt. Law. Under this Law the student is liable to be dismissed from the college without any notice and the case may be reported to the police, if necessary.
Code of Conduct for board of Governor
Sagar Institute of Science & Technology (SISTec) has developed this Code of Conduct for members of Governing Body/Board of Governors. A copy of the Code will be available upon request and be placed on the Institute’s website.
Intent and scope
The purpose of the Code is to provide guidance to the Governing Body of Sagar Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal in performing their duties as governors.
The following Acronyms will be used throughout this document.
BOG / GB / BOM
Board of Governors / Governing Body / Board of Management
Head of the Department
Sagar Institute of Science & Technology
The objectives of the Code are
- To set out an agreed set of ethical principles and practices;
- To promote and maintain confidence and trust in the governing body of the Institute;
- To prevent the development or acceptance of unethical practices;
- To promote the highest legal and ethical standards in all the activities of the Institute;
- To promote compliance with best current governance and management practices in all the activities of the
All Governing Body members are required to observe the following fundamental principles as set out in the guidelines for the Code of Conduct
- Members of Governing Body are required to disclose outside employment/business interests which they consider may be in conflict or in potential conflict with the business of Sagar Institute of Science & Technology (SISTec).
- Governing Body members will avoid giving or receiving individual gifts, hospitality, preferential treatment or benefits which might affect or appear to affect the ability of the donor or the recipient to make independent judgement on business transactions;
- Governing Body members must be committed for having the Institute compete vigorously and energetically but also ethically and honestly with other educational institutions, commercial and other providers of research and advisory services;
- Governing Body is making the Institute to be committed for conducting its purchasing activities of goods/services in accordance with public policy and best business practice and its purchasing regulations reflect this;
- Governing Body is making the Institute to be committed for ensuring that its engagement of consultancy and other services is in compliance with public policy guidelines;
- Governing Body is making the Institute to be committed for ensuring that the accounts/reports accurately reflect the operating performance of the Institute and are not misleading or designed to be misleading;
- Governing Body members are required to avoid the use of Institute resources or time for personal gain, for the benefit of persons/organizations unconnected with the institutions or its activities or for the benefit of competitors; and
- Governing Body is making the Institute to be committed not to acquire information or business secrets by improper means.
- Governing Body is making the Institute to be committed for providing access to general information relating to its activities in a way that is open and enhances its accountability to the general public;
Governing Body members are required to respect the confidentiality of sensitive information held by the Institute. This would constitute material such as:
- Personal information;
- Information received in confidence by the Institute;
- Any commercially sensitive information or other information sensitive to the reputation of the
- Governing Body is making the Institute to observe appropriate prior consultation procedures with third parties where, exceptionally, it is proposed to release sensitive information in the public interest;
- Members of Governing Body will observe due confidentiality in relation to all discussions and decisions taken at meetings of the governing body.
- Governing Body will make The Institute to fulfill all regulatory and statutory obligations imposed on it by the Government’s Act;
- Members of Governing Body will comply with detailed tendering and purchasing procedures, as well as complying with prescribed levels of authority for sanctioning any relevant expenditure;
- Members of Governing Body has introduced measures to prevent fraud and to ensure compliance with the prescribed levels of authority for sanctioning any relevant expenditure;
- Members are required to use their reasonable endeavours to attend all governing body meetings.
- It is acknowledged that the acceptance of positions following employment and/or engagement can give rise to the potential for conflicts of interest and to confidentiality concerns. The governing body of the Institute will consider any cases in which such conflicts of interest or confidentiality concerns may arise and will take appropriate steps to deal with such matters in an effective manner. The governing body will also ensure that any procedures that it may put in place in this regard are monitored and
- Governing Body members acknowledge the responsibility to be loyal to the Institute and to be fully committed to all its activities, with due respect to the tenets of academic freedom, while mindful that The Institute itself must at all times take into account the interests of its students and providers of funds including taxpayers;
- The Governing Body of the Institute acknowledge the duty of all to conform to highest standards of business ethics.
- The Governing Body of the Institute is committed to complying with employment equality and equal status legislation;
- The Governing Body of the Institute is committed to fairness in all business dealings; and
- The Governing Body of the Institute values its students, suppliers, employees and customers and treats all its students, suppliers, employees and customers
- The Governing Body of the Institute place the highest priority on promoting and preserving the health and safety of its employees and students;
- The Governing Body of the Institute will ensure that community concerns are fully considered in its activities and operations;
- The Governing Body of the Institute will minimize any detrimental impact of its operations on the environment.
- The Institute will circulate this Code of Conduct (and a policy document on disclosure of interests) to all Governors for their attention and the Code of Conduct will be placed on the Institute’s
- The Institute will review this Code of Conduct from time to time.
Code of Conduct for Administration
Sagar Institute of Science & Technology (SISTec) has developed this Code of Conduct for Administration Staff. A copy of the Code will be available upon request and be placed on the Institute’s website.
Intent and scope
The purpose of the Code is to provide guidance to the Administration Staff of Sagar Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal in performing their duties.
Code of Conduct for Administration
The Principal/ Vice-Principal of an Institution should always be honest, fair, objective, supportive, protective and law abiding. Besides, the following traits are expected from the Principal/ Vice-Principal-
- Principal/ Vice-Principal has to Implement the new ideas and plan to execute the vision and mission.
- He/She has to work for the uplift of the institute so as to take the institute forward.
- He/She has to promote institution interaction and inculcate research development activities.
- He/She has to listen to the students’ ideas and set a supportive tone.
- He/She has to ensure that the staff and students aware of rules, policies and procedures laid down by the college.
- He/She has to be fair in his actions for the recruitment of the faculty members and non- teaching staff.
- He/She has to be fair in his disciplinary actions for all the members of faculty, non- teaching staff and student.
- He/She has to recommend and forward communication to the authorities regarding the functioning of the institute.
- He/She has to monitor, manage and educate the administration of the institution and take remedial actions based on the stakeholder’s feedback.
- He/She has to execute any other qualitative and quantitative work for the welfare of the students and institution.
- He/She has to empower all his staff and students to reach their maximum potential.
Code of Conduct for Non-Teaching Staff
- Non-Teaching Staff should remain on duty during college hours.
- Non-Teaching Staff should maintain honesty, integrity, fairness in their work.
- Non-Teaching Staff should adhere strictly to the laws and regulations of the college.
- Non-Teaching Staff should deal properly and positively with staff, students and the parents.
- They should must not be absent from duty without official approval or approved sick leave.
- They should follow the dress code as defined.
- They should avoid social networking sites such as Facebook, Whatsapp, etc during the working hours.